Another week, another lot of my favourite things rounded up from the last few weeks...
I say last few weeks instead of week purely because I've mostly been MIA, due to some reason or another (illness, mainly) on the blog and on social media in general but a break never hurts, does it? Also OMG it's Friday 13th. Let's not make any big decisions today, you know, just in case.
1. Fireworks Display. I've ruthlessly stolen this picture from the Mr who created a video for our local Lion's Club, who put on the fireworks display every year. I'm biased of course when I say the video is amazing but the fireworks themselves were incredible. It's really hard, even when you're supposed to be an adult not to "ooh" and "ahh" over all the pretty lights. If you like, you can check out his video here.
2. The Absolute Imperative Importance of Hair Clips, Ties and Barrettes. Especially if you have a cat who absolutely adores hair ties, carries them off, seemingly buries them for days and then they show up broken and useless. That's without the hair ties going missing on their own accord (this still mystifies me along with missing socks and seemingly extra tupperware lids. Those great phenomenon...) What I'm trying to get at is I have now stock piled lots of these items into a single drawer in the hopes that when I'm having a terrible hair day, I actually have some tools to help my hair look mildly okay. Oh and the gold leaf clip is from ASOS and it makes me feel all sassy and Grecian or something like that.
3. All The Burgundy! I've had this bucket bag for a year or so now, I picked it up last autumn from Matalan after seeing that crocodile one from ZARA and pretty much weeping at the price (although this year I'm hankering after this one and this one and they are pretty cheap!) I only tend to take out the essentials with me, but this is roomy enough to whack in a spare jumper and a camera along side that stuff. So it may not be the crocodile print bag of dreams (that also makes purses of the average person weep), but it's pretty great for the price point and is solid enough that I know it'll last me a few good years. Plus it was under £20.
I also picked up these dark burgundy slip on trainers from H&M which are currently in the sale at the moment for £10. They are so comfortable and they are a little more robust than my usual ballet flats, definitely needed for a Devon winter.
4. These Cats. They are hilarious. They have pretty similar personalities but are so different too. They seem to only like each other when they are sleeping but the other times Mulberry is hell bent on playing with Salem, who let's face it, is a grumpy old man. He just wants to sleep for 21 hours, pretty much. Not deal with a near-seven-month old clawing and bopping at him for some play time.
5. A little make over. You may have noticed my site went offline for a while, whilst I was jiggling stuff around on here. Tis the beauty of Square Space that I can do it myself, pretty much although frantic 'googling' is also involved and a lot of crying out "Oh what have I done?" What do you think? I'm pretty pleased with it.