I like a lot of things on a daily basis. I get over excited from the simplest things (simple minds?) on the regular, but here are some of the bits and pieces that have been setting my heart a-flutter for one reason or another.
1. Flokati Rug. I picked this up in the Urban Outfitters sale (no link, sorry!) for the misters side of the bed and it is so gloriously wooly. I haven't experienced that much shedding from it either which is a huge bonus. It was £40 down to £15 which was a frigging steal. All the rug related happy. Although I picked up a different rug for my side of the bed but they didn't ship it out, gutted, even if my bank balance is relieved.
2. Dove Oxygen Moisture Shampoo & Conditioner. Being a human girl with fine hair, my barnet can end up looking a little flat from time to time*. I bought these two on a supermarket shop and holy crap, it's pretty darn good. Well done, Dove, for giving me actual volume at the roots.
*My hair is either flat or a lions mane. No snazzy in between. This saddens me quite a bit.
3. 'Footbed' Sandals. To Birkenstock or not to Birkenstock. I know these styles of sandals are either love/hate and I've always loved how they looked (on other people,) so played a safe bet with these ones from BHS. Safe to say I'm addicted, they are hideously comfortable, go with all my clothes and I can drive in them. Hollah.
4. Cooking. I've really gotten back into cooking again, I seem to go through stages (I know I'm not the only one,) of loving cooking or finding it an absolute chore. Tomato soup aside, I made a pretty banging chicken + cashew chow mein stir fry (with, carrots, peppers, black beans, bean sprouts, spring onion, red onions and brown rice...) and it was so so good. Why did no one tell me to put cashew nuts into stir fries before? I'VE BEEN MISSING OUT!
5. Uptown Blue. This is my favourite colour, my 'happy blue' so it comes as no surprise that I've been wearing this non-stop for the past few weeks. The formula of the Maybelline Super Stay polishes are amazing, I'll have a review up soon. But yeah, all the happy from this nail varnish right now.