It has been a troublesome week. What started off with solid, good intentions soon became a very despondent and pretty dire state of mind kind of week. I don't mean to start a favourites post off with such negativity, but it has been a pretty shit week illness wise but all the other things have been great, fantastic. Which kind of balances it all out really. So enough with me having a whine and onto me telling you about all the stuff I've been loving/adoring.
1. Aloe. How cute is this aloe? I picked it up from Lidl for £2.49 and it is huge. Seriously great bargain for a plant in such good condition. They also have cacti and other succulents in at the moment (on a weekly basis kind of deal,) and they are all pretty huge (or you know, well established.) If you're a greenery fan, definitely pick some up! Also, I got a blue metal trough planter from Morrisons for said aloe, I have a suspicion it's meant to be for kids to use to plant stuff, but whatever. It works for me.
2. L'Oreal EverPure Mask. Now, I used to use this stuff all the damn time, twice a week no questions asked. But then I wanted to try different stuff, but I just keep coming back to it. It was on offer in Morrisons for a ridiculously good price of £2 and then suddenly they were all gone from the shelves. Cue me having a panic and frantically googling* if they were discontinuing it, but I believe they have just re-branded the line? They are still available, so at least my poor coloured hair can thank me. I colour my hair red which can be a pain to keep in good condition (colour wise,) so this just keeps everything in check and looking as best as it can be.
*Google-ing? Googling? Just checked. It's googling.
3. Stocking up on SPF & Earrings. Or spontaneous yet bargainous purchases, sort of. So I got these earrings from Matalan a few weeks ago and ohh, so cute. I love the little golden pineapples* and parrots! I also stocked up on some Bioderma Photoderm because that stuff is incredible - for reference, we all use the Invisible Sun Mist for body and the Bronz Fluid for our faces. It's not like I'm even going away, my folks are though and I bought some for them to take to Spain with them but I am merely trying to encourage good weather by being sensible and having SPF on hand. I also got a new Vichy toner because they are just incredible. Escentual have their French Pharmacy discounts on for the month of June, so if you're a stocker (hoarder) of skincare, then you might want to check them out! Also, they occasionally give out little samples which is always nice to see when you open up a parcel.
*Fun little fact, I can't wear many earrings because I stretched my lobes back in the day to about 14mm. They are about 3mm now, so most earrings are out the window. These pineapple ones fit perfectly, haha!
4. Mindfulness. And a colouring book. So I've started going to (lord, don't judge me guys,) group sessions for using Mindfulness as a tool for dealing with chronic pain. I've just been to the first session and that's always going to be super awkward. Introducing yourself and talking about all the shitty pain you're in. Beautiful. But it was fine and I didn't have a panic attack, which is grand and I felt better for getting shit off my chest, with people in a similar situation to you.
Oh, and the colouring book is insane, by the way, such amazing illustrations. If you'e a stress head like me, definitely have a look around for these adult style colouring books. Or even if you just miss colouring. Because who doesn't to colour away their stress?
5. Hugo Boss Orange. I've worn this perfume for years and I kind of feel like it's my signature scent, if you like. I had been wearing some Ghost perfumes over winter and into Spring but I've been wearing this recently and just made me fall in love with it all over again. It's a perfect mix of floral, fruit and wood for me to enjoy all year round and for those that like notes... Top notes; sweet apple, heart notes; orange blossom, white flowers, base notes; vanilla, olive wood, sandalwood. Dreamy.
What have you been loving recently?