I've been debating with myself whether to hit publish on this post for a while. I don't mind sharing personal aspects of my life online (to a sensible degree anyway,) but wants and goals? It seems too personal. Too trivial to the next person, maybe. Then I just thought "fuck it," so here we are.
These goals, I guess they don't have a time limit. I hate rushing, in every aspect of my life so whilst it'd be cool to nail all of these by the time I'm 30, I know at least one or two are going to take a little bit longer, so without further ado some goals I'd like to win. Or do.
1. Control PCS/Diet. Bit of an odd one, but kind of a universal goal, right? Everyone wants to eat healthier, to have a better quality of life through diet but man, I'm struggling. Not to eat healthy, I do that. I had a Cholecystectomy (gallbladder removal,) back in late 2014, I didn't mention it on my (old) blog, just that I'd had major surgery hence the reason for my break from all online activity. It had all been good and going well until recently where I've been getting the same symptoms as I would have had last year and still had a gallbladder, most commonly known as PCS or Post Cholecystectomy Syndrome. That's on a healthy, low fat diet. So needless to say I've been feeling all kinds of fed up and angry with food and my internal organs, or lack there of. I already deal with chronic pain daily and then this to come back has been a bit of a slap in the face. I'm still going to the doctors to try and determine it's not anything else but yeah. To sort out a diet that didn't aggravate what's going on? That'd be lush. And if I lost some weight as a side effect of nailing my diet? That'd also be cool.
This is the thing I didn't want to mention. It's my health, it's personal. But I've read so many forums of people going through the same/similar thing and if someone randomly comes across my blog and reads that they aren't alone? Awesome.
2. Hair. Okay, so let's move onto something frivolous now. I like my hair. It can be annoying, it's fine but there's lots of it so whilst some days it can fall flat, others it can resemble a lions mane but it's in good condition and that's awesome. What I struggle with is styling. I used to do a hella lot more to it, braids, various buns and pony tails - but now I've fallen into a rut and seem to have lost my skills. So yeah. Do more with my hair, that'd be nice.
3. Italy. I've wanted to go to Italy for the longest time and still haven't ventured there. My boyfriends part Italian and always talks of where his family is from and it sounds so heavenly I just want to go now, thinking about it. I've got a huge mental list of places I'd love to explore, but Italy? Yeah, that's top right now.
4. Mindfulness. I spoke briefly about attending a group that deals with chronic pain and using Mindfulness as a tool, not to get rid of the pain obviously, but to focus more on the now as opposed to looking back wondering what I could have done differently, or looking forward and fretting about the what-ifs. I'm hoping this is going to help because honestly I'm a world class worrier.
5. Photography. Oh hey, skill I'd like to improve on. Any of you that have read from the beginning back on the old platform would know that I started off on a very dodgy camera with very limited skills to where I am now, on an amazing camera with okay ish skills - This isn't me trying to be humble, I know where I'm at with photography and I'd love to improve. Not just for this blog but for the everyday.
So I'm intrigued, what are your goals?