Or the other long title; Five Drugstore/Highstreet/Pharmacy Products You Need Right Now; If You Haven't Already...
I will preface this by saying these aren't new releases by any means; these five products are ones that I use on the regular throughout the week (looking at you, Great Lash and Fix & Perfect...) and they are pretty awesome. And all of them are under a tenner, if not a fiver so even more to add them to your collection if you haven't already.
1. MUA Matte Palette, £4. This, along with my NARSissist palette is one of my most used palettes as I mentioned in yesterdays post. I tend to lean toward matte shadows when I wear a bright lip or if I'm going for a "no-make up make up" look. There are ten shades in here, all exceptionally pigmented and easy to blend which is a feat for matte shadows as they usually lean on the chalky side. A really versatile palette to have in your make up bag, for sure.
2. Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet in Hot Pepper, £8.99. If you're a fan of a bright matte orange-red then go get this, immediately. These lipsticks are extremely pigmented, go on smoothly and 'dry down' to a glorious matte. Despite this dry down, it doesn't leave lips dry and it stays put for a long time, handy if you're paranoid lipstick wearer like myself. I also recommend the bright pink shade, Pink Pong. If only for the name.
3. Maybelline Great Lash (waterproof,) £4.99. This may well be the most well loved mascara of all time, probably - there is huge cult status for this little pink and green tube and for good reason. The brush is of a surprisingly small size so you can really work each and every lash and it never gives the dreaded spider lashes. It gives great length, holds a good curl and enough volume to satisfy that front too. Naturally, the waterproof version stays put which is exactly what you need in this heat (or in my case humid rain...)
4. Rimmel Fix & Perfect Pro Primer, £6.99. I've used this primer exclusively now for years; usually mixed with a little liquid highlighter to elevate the 'glow.' It feels like cream/silicone in texture and helps to even out and brighten your complexion whilst ensuring make up stays put throughout the day.
5. Rimmel Salon Pro (Kate Moss shade, Hip Hop) £4.49. Basically the best nail polishes ever, really. They last for ages, the colours are beautiful (I always go back to Hip Hop, above, as it's a gorgeous orange/red shade and Rock 'N' Roll - a classic blue toned red,) and thanks to the wide brush are a complete doddle to apply.
What are your favourite drugstore products?