I mentioned in my previous post I would jot down (or type down in this case,) some goals I'd like to set myself for 2016. I've done one of these posts before, mid way through 2015 and whilst I ticked off a few of these - a few I'm also still working on and so I'll carry them through to 2016. I like to imagine, putting these (probably trivial,) goals out here on the internet, where you can see them, might just push me hard enough into completing them. Maybe. So without further ado, my goals for 2016.
1. Improve Health. A standard one and one that has carried over from last year, I think we all have something that bothers us that we want to better health wise; whether its drinking more water, to stop smoking or drinking, eating healthier, better exercise. Now that I've been "diagnosed" with IBS I can continue improving my diet (which is already pretty damn good, actually,) around that. I'm aware now that mine is mostly triggered by stress, so I'll also try to be a little bit calmer over the next year.
2. Improve Photography. Again, something carried over from last year but it's a good skill to continually improve upon. I am lucky enough to have a few cameras and lenses to play around with though (thank the videographer Mr for that perk,) so I would love to try and make use of all this kit and continue learning.
3. Be Kinder. I like to think I'm a pretty kind and patient person anyway but there is always room for improvement, as that overused quote on Pinterest and Instagram says, everyone is fighting their own battle, so I need to remember if I meet someone and they are a little off or different, it might just be something else that's bothering them (and not just my jabbering,) and to be a little kinder. This also goes for myself, I'm (like everyone else right?) my worst critic, hater and doubter. I need to show myself a little more kindness and patience
4. Declutter. I'm not a messy person and I'm not particularly neat-freak status. Don't get me wrong, I like things clean but I have a lot of clutter that I really don't need and it's probably taking up much needed space. I tend to have about two or three massive decluttering sessions a year (I say massive, on the grand scheme of things it's pretty small,) but I'd love to keep on top of things every three months to make sure what we have is either beautiful, purposeful or both. If it doesn't fit, throw, donate or sell. That goes for pretty much everything.
5. Do More, Give More. Time and money, blood. I want to make this a year of helping others - I've already started, a little small but I have my own Just Giving page as I'm taking part in Cancer Research Dryathlon - you've probably seen the ad on TV for the last few months. If you'd like to donate, you can click here - no pressure, although if just 75 people gave £2 - the goal would be reached!
What are your goals/resolutions for 2016?