So, hopefully the first in a long line of bi-weekly favourites am I right? Also, first week of January down! Anyone else feel a little bit slumped still from Christmas though?
I won't ramble on too much today; I'm currently watching my sisters two labradors and I'm getting two pairs of stink eye for not paying them attention... So let's crack on.
1. Avene Gentle Milk Cleanser. I've not used a milk cleanser in absolute years but picked this up on a whim as I'm pretty fond of the Avene Eau Thermale line, particularly the bits aimed at sensitive skin. This is a really light cleanser and very lovely to used particularly in winter, when my face is essentially a beetroot (cheers central heating and windy dartmoor walks...) It's great at getting make up but to be honest I use this more of a second cleanse, more of a treat for the skin as it were.
2. First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads. I spoke about these pads briefly the other day, but these are little pre-soaked toner pads and I use these in the evenings for my acid tone. Despite being an exfoliating toner, these little pads are suitable for sensitive skin and the best I've tried (so far, of course,) - I went a week without them recently and my skin absolutely hated the separation from these beloved little pads. So there's that.
3. Our New Bath! A misleading picture, really but we finally have our new bath in and it is beyond dreamy to have one in the house again (we used to have a walk in shower,) and to be able to lovely long soaks after blustering about in the cold. If you have any bath product recommendations, I'm all ears as I'm five years out of the bath game....
If you want to be nosy (I don't mind,) we went for this straight bath, with these side panels. Whilst it would have been amazing to have a roll top bath, it just wouldn't have been feasible in this room, sadly. That being said, I love this combination as it ties into the bathroom perfectly.
4. Setting Goals. I feel there are two times in the year we get a fresh start; January 1st, obviously. A new year. Also, September, because what says fresh start than those childhood memories of buying all new supplies for a school year? To be honest, that is when I feel my most productive, not now - but I have enjoyed laying some goals down to work on throughout the year. You can read my 2016 Goals post, here.
5. New Phone Case. So basically I dropped my Nexus 5 - the smash on the screen lead to me getting little glass splinters in my thumb (enjoyable imagery for you there,) and so I had to borrow the Mr's old Nexus 4 until I can afford to get a new one, to be honest I'm in no rush, although I do miss my phone terribly... I've already used Casetify for my Nexus 5, so naturally was a bit gutted about my personalised case being rendered useless (for the time being, maybe I'll get another Nexus 5?) so I made one for this phone and GUYS IT'S ALL OF MULBERRY. This excites me way too much, but you know. Cat mama.